It is an exciting time for women’s sport, and netball in particular. With a successful 7th place finish for
Wales at the 2015 World Cup and successful Celtic Dragons Super league team with SKY coverage; we are looking for commercially minded people to help us drive the sport forward in Wales.
We are now recruiting for Commercial Panel volunteer members whose role will be to looking at income generation, fundraising, PR & all commercial activity to help bring about financial independence.
• To recommend strategies to the Board and to assist the performance in the areas of commercial, business and PR development
• To review and make recommendations to the Board on new initiatives and opportunities to grow the brand, profile and resources of Wales Netball
• To review and recommend strategies to maximize the commercial return of all of its assets
• To produce, monitor and evaluate a formal commercial plan and advise on its communication within and beyond the organization
• To develop PR strategies for the promotion of Wales Netball and its players
• To assist with the attraction and management of major netball events, including any associated strategies around broadcasting, commercial and hosting rights
• To work in conjunction with other Panels and Sub-Groups in the broader context of delivering Wales Netball’s strategic objectives
Commitment from you?
It is envisaged that the Panel will meet once a month for 60 minutes via a conference call and attend face to face meeting/attend matches in Sport Wales, Sophia Gardens from time to time.
Potential Panel Members should apply primarily for expertise in each area, (Income generation, commercial
activity, partnership engagement, fundraising, etc) their business and sporting experience, and ability to contribute to the development of netball in Wales. A knowledge of sport, and netball in particular, is an advantage.
In applying, please specify if you wish to be considered as Chair of the Panel.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop and enhance your Commercial skills and make a real difference to Netball in Wales. This could also count towards a volunteering programme that you may have in operation to be a responsible business within your community
Panel positions are open indefinitely to ensure the right calibre of people can be secured.
Please send expressions of interest along with what skills you would bring to the Commercial Panel to:
Office Coordinator: Lisa Birchall
Deadline for applications: 30 September, 2016.