Category: Community

“Girls we are really proud of you both” – Netball mum Helen Dyke has high hopes for her daughters.

“Girls we are really proud of you both” – Netball mum Helen Dyke has high hopes for her daughters.

Mother of two Wales international netball stars Helen Dyke from Bridgend is about to fly to Gaborone, Botswana to support her youngest daughter Chloe Dyke as she represents Wales at under 21 level at the Netball World Youth Cup 2017.  Meanwhile, her eldest daughter Bethan, who also plays for the superleague team the Celtic Dragons, […]

LA Hub End of Season Showcases 2017.

LA Hub End of Season Showcases 2017.

Each region held its annual End of Season showcase of all the Local Authority Hubs across the country.  Here’s how your Netball Development Officers had to say about the events. Central South Wales – Sarah Palmer. This year’s LA hub programme has seen many changes, namely the increase in the number of LA hubs operating […]

Competition Review- Initial Findings and Update.

In early 2017 the NGB commissioned an independent Competitions Pathway Review. The review reached out to the Welsh Netball membership in order to gain views and feedback on the current competition structure and take recommendations for any improvements. Four regional focus groups were conducted with key netball stakeholders . These groups were designed to gain […]

Sul y Tadau Hapus to the Netball Dads: Mark’s Story.

Sul y Tadau Hapus to the Netball Dads: Mark’s Story.

1.       When did you start coaching?   I attended the same UKCC Level 1 Course as Jason Hale in January 2015.  I was offered to do the course by Cath Hares, who at the time was the local area sports development officer. I then started coaching in 2015 for Tredegar Senior Netball Club.  I volunteered […]

2017 National Primary Schools Competition: The Results!

2017 National Primary Schools Competition: The Results!

Llongyfarchiadau i Ysgol Gynradd Parc y Tywyn – yr ysgol buddugol yng nghystadleuaeth Cenedlaethol Ysgolion Cynradd Cymru.   Congratulations to Ysgol Gynradd Parc y Tywyn – this year’s Primary School champions! Pool A results:  Pool B results: Semi-final, Final results:

Volunteers Week 2017: Zoe Hill

Volunteers Week 2017: Zoe Hill

33 year-old Primary School teacher Zoe Hill recently won Community Coach of the Year Award at the Swansea Sports Awards. We caught up with Zoe to find out why she volunteers, and what are her responsibilities. Hi Zoe, could you describe your role as one of Welsh Netball’s Performance Training Centre Coach, and your Coaching […]

Welsh Netball Supports ‘Save Nicola’ Campaign.

Welsh Netball Supports ‘Save Nicola’ Campaign.

Welsh Netball are very proud to support the ‘Save Nicola’ campaign which is fundraising for mum of two Nicola White.  The 32-year-old from Llanelli has been diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of bone cancer called Osteosarcoma with limited treatment options.   Nicola’s friends, family and the netball community have come together to support the […]

Results: Ann Smart Trophy and President’s Cup 2017

Results: Ann Smart Trophy and President’s Cup 2017

The results are in! Llongyfarchiadau to Ysgol Gyfun Gwyr who earned first place at the Ann Smart Trophy tournament. And to Haberdashers Monmouth School for Girls who won the Presidents Cup competition. Here are the finall scores and placings from the Ann Smart competition: Final scores and placings from the Presients Cup competition: A big […]

Happy Mother’s Day from Top Tots.

Happy Mother’s Day from Top Tots.

Fun, fitness, and education; the three main drives for Pontypridd based Top Tots Netball may seem simple, but they form the heart of this successful netball session. One of the earliest class members is Iestyn, the son of Head Coach and proud mother, Laura Rees.  Other than getting to hang out with his mum he’s […]

Scroll to Top