Wales Netball are excited to announce National Club Championship 2022 will be taking place this year.
The U12, U14 & U16 will take place at Cardiff City House of Sport on Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th May and the U19 (Open) will commence on the
Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th June at Bangor University. Please note that the U19 (open) event may only take place on 1 day dependent on entries. The entry and eligibility details are as follows:-
£75 per team
Tournament entry forms will be conducted via Wales Netball Membership website. Please use the link below to enter a team.
The competition shall comprise of the following rounds:
- Local Rounds (Dependent on Area/Leagues)
- Regional Rounds (Area Associations/Leagues)
- National Finals (Wales Netball)
Qualifying regional rounds for U12, U14 and U16 will take place in the eight areas of Wales as defined by Wales Netball. The two qualifying teams from each area will be invited to the National Finals.
The U19 Championships will have an ‘Open’ competition entry, therefore qualification through a regional round is not required.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CLUB COMPETITIONS ARE:
Players must be under 12, under 14, under 16 or under 19 years of age at midnight 31st August immediately prior to the competition.
- The Championship is open to all players affiliated to and playing in U12, U14, U16 and U19 teams in Wales.
- All players and officials must be individually affiliated to Wales Netball
- No player under the age of 10 at midnight 31st August immediately prior to the competition may compete in the U12 Championship (except under rule 1 below)
- No player under the age of 12 at midnight 31st August immediately prior to the competition may compete in the U14 Championship (except under rule 1 below)
- No player under the age of 14 at midnight 31st August immediately prior to the competition may compete in the U16 Championship (except under rule 1 below)
- No player under the age of 16 at midnight 31st August immediately prior to the competition may compete in the U19 Championship (except under rule 1 below)
Rule 1: Players must play in their age group. Only under exceptional circumstances will permission be granted by Wales Netball for a player to play up an age group. An Age Group Application Form must be submitted to apply for permission to play out of an age group. Forms should be requested from the Events & Competition Officer at Wales Netball Tasha Constable- email@example.com).
U12 Championship Wales Netball regulations for NC is that participating teams may be mixed or single sex. Male participation is restricted to a maximum of 2 players on court at any one time, with a maximum of one male player in each third.
U14, U16 & U19 Championship Wales Netball regulations for NC is that participating teams must be single sex as per the Wales Netball statement on Male Participation (please see: Statement on Male Participation for more information)
Teams are responsible for providing a qualified umpire. For National Club Championships the minimum qualification for all umpires is competent C Award and ideally with experience umpiring these age groups.
Good luck to all teams who enter the event. We can’t wait to see you compete!