Home / UK Anti-Doping / Therapeutic Use Exemption

Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE)

If an athlete with a legitimate medical condition needs to use a prohibited substance or method, they will need to apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE). This is only accepted if there are no other suitable permitted medications or treatments that can be used, and there is a strict, detailed process to determine this. Athletes can find out more information about the TUE process on the UKAD website below and use the TUE Wizard to find out whether they need to apply for a TUE and who to submit their application to. The athlete must apply for a TUE prior to the use of the prohibited substance or method.


The Therapeutic Use Exemption Wizard (‘the Wizard’) is a tool designed to guide individuals through the requirements for Therapeutic Use Exemptions (‘TUE’) and is subject to the UKAD General Privacy Notice and the UKAD Cookie Policy. However, please note the Wizard is merely a guide to assist athletes and it remains each athlete’s individual responsibility to actively check and verify their TUE requirements regularly. Wales Netball and UKAD cannot be held liable for errors in results including, but not limited to, those occurring due to the input of incorrect information into the Wizard or for the misinterpretation of the results provided by the Wizard.


Athletes should advise medical personnel of their obligation to abide by the INF anti-doping rules and that any medical treatment received must not violate these rules.

When a substance or method is proposed (e.g., a medication is prescribed) an athlete should find out whether it is prohibited by checking the WADA website www.wada-ama.org  or www.globaldro.com


TUE Process and more information


TUE Wizard


UKAD TUE Guidance


INF TUE Guidance


TUE Request in INF Tournaments

If you are an athlete that is competing in INF tournaments (Netball World Cup and Netball Youth World Cup) you must file your TUE request with the INF Medical Commission via email at inf@netball.org


TUE Request in National Championships

If you are exclusively competing in national championships your TUE request can be addressed to the UK’s National Anti-Doping Organisation, UKAD. More details on application (and forms can be found here).

Scroll to Top