B-Award Umpiring Qualification
This course is the next step on the umpire pathway for those who hold Umpiring C-award Qualification. This course enables candidates to become a qualified Umpire.
Who is it for?
- Anyone that holds an Umpiring C-Award who has experience at umpiring local/county matches but aspires to umpire at a higher netball level.
- Full members of Wales Netball.
What will it allow me to do?
Successful candidates will be able to umpire and officiate matches at regional level.
Candidates will be able to apply rules in a demanding game environment, understand match guidelines, and utilise game management techniques. They will also begin to apply Advantage, demonstrate the difference of Contact which does/does not interfere with play, and have a better understanding of the importance of good vision, positioning and timing.
- Minimum age: 14 years old. However, learners must be 16 years of age before taking the final practical assessment.
- Duration: 2 days. You must be able to attend both sessions to complete the course.
- Day 1: Virtual session (2 hours). You will need access to a computer and the internet to attend.
- Day 2: Practical/Assessment Day (4 hours).
- All candidates must complete the associated written assessment no later than 2 years following the scheduling of your practical session.
- Type: Virtual and Theory (assessment based).
- All education courses close two weeks prior to the first day of any course.
- Pre-requisite: C-Award Umpiring course certification with experience at umpiring.
- Cost: £60 – Wales Netball members
Cancelled 8 weeks prior to the course 100% refund
Cancelled 7 weeks prior to the course 75% refund
Cancelled 6 weeks prior to the course 50% refund
Cancelled 5 weeks prior to the course 25% refund
Cancellation within 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the course – NO REFUND
All B-Award Umpire courses run for 2 days and attendance on both days is compulsory.