C-Award Umpiring Qualification
What is it?
This course is the next step on the umpire pathway for those who hold the Introduction to Umpiring Qualification or a minimum of 2 years umpiring experience. This course enables candidates to become a qualified Umpire.
Who is it for?
- Anyone that holds a viable pre-requisite (see below) who aspires to umpire at a higher netball level.
- Full members of Wales Netball.
What will it allow me to do?
Successful candidates will be able to umpire in local and/or county league matches.
Candidates will be able to expand on their umpiring knowledge to identify/observe and penalise infringements of the rules, understand the importance of game management for control and discipline, demonstrate how positioning, movement and vision impacts umpire performance, and develop an awareness of Contact v Contest and playing Advantage.
- Minimum age: 13 years old. Learners must be 14 years of age before taking the final practical assessment.
- Duration: 2 days. You must be able to attend both sessions to complete the course.
- Day 1: Virtual session (3 hours). You will need access to a computer and the internet to attend.
- Day 2: Practical/Assessment Day (3 hours).
- All candidates must be able to practice umpiring netball before their practical assessments.
- Type: Virtual and Theory (assessment based).
- Pre-requisite: Introduction to Umpiring course certification/ Have a minimum of 2 years umpiring experience.
- All education courses close two weeks prior to the first day of any course.
- Cost: £45* - Wales Netball members
*This cost covers the course. To gain your C-Award Qualification, you will then need to complete your written and practical assessments. The cost of this is an additional £55.
Cancelled 8 weeks prior to the course 100% refund
Cancelled 7 weeks prior to the course 75% refund
Cancelled 6 weeks prior to the course 50% refund
Cancelled 5 weeks prior to the course 25% refund
Cancellation within 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the course – NO REFUND
All C-Award courses run for 2 days and attendance on both is compulsory.