Welcome to a brand-new netball season!
The new 2018/19 season’s affiliation window opens on Monday 20th August 2018. We are looking forward to the new season, here is your ‘need to know’ information!
Do I need to affiliate?
- All players, coaches and umpires who are involved in Welsh Netball affiliated leagues must be Welsh Netball members. Join now.
Useful info on the new season membership!
- New season runs from the 1st September 2018 – 31st August 2019.
- Extended deadline for renewal: Full Adult membership will be £35 until the 31st of October 2018 (£40 thereafter).
- All Clubs are required to complete the ‘Club Affiliation Process’ before club and/or individual affiliations can be renewed. Here’s a quick ‘How To’ guide for Club Secretaries on how to reaffiliate: https://walesnetball.com/storage/2017/05/affiliation-step-by-step.pdf
- Reminder: Club Secretaries are required to ensure that their club members’ details are correct and up to date online.
- For the full range of membership benefits visit: https://walesnetball.com/membership/club-membership/
- Membership fees have increased following the Welsh Netball AGM in June 2018. For more information on this visit https://walesnetball.com/update-from-welsh-netball-agm/.
Membership Fees for the 2018/19 season
|Full Adult Member||£35 before 31st October 2018
£40 after 31st October 2018
|Adult Member monthly option
(maximum 3 months)
|£6 per month|
|Junior: 12-18 years||£16|
|Junior: Under 11||£6|
|Club Affiliation Fee||£40|
Junior Age Group Proposal
Welsh Netball have completed a period of consultation with junior leagues across Wales between 1st May – 31st July 2018 around proposed changes to the junior game, following the findings of the independent competition review. The key actions for the 2018/19 season relate to the maximum age that junior players can compete within domestic leagues and competition.
Following the consultation, it is recommended that the maximum age of junior competition in domestic leagues in Wales changes from Under 15 to Under 16 from the start of the 2018/19 season.
Consequently, we will be proceeding with these small changes to the age bandings of our ‘National Clubs’ competitions for the 2018/19 season. Details of the changes are outlined below:
|Existing Age Bands
|Future Age Bands
|Under 11||Under 12|
|Under 13||Under 14|
|Under 15||Under 16|
|Under 17||Under 19|
We will be publishing the National Competition Calendar and Handbook for the 2018/19 season during the week commencing 20th August 2018.
Please send any queries regarding the changes to our competition age bands to Welshnetball@Welshnetball.com
New ‘Dragon Mark’ accreditation
Welsh Netball will be introducing a new accreditation scheme during the 2018/19 season called ‘Dragon Mark’.
Dragon Mark is a programme designed to support you and your netball club to provide the best possible experience for your members and operate in line with best practice.
It’s a sports quality accreditation scheme for netball clubs in Wales. It is built around a set of core criteria which ensure that accredited clubs operate to a set of consistent, accepted and adopted minimum operating standards.
Welsh Netball relies on volunteers and clubs to help us in all areas, and they make a huge contribution to the game of netball. We want to empower you to help increase the numbers of netballers in your local community, ensure you are providing a safe environment for your members and make sure important aspects of your club’s management are applied.
More information around the new ‘Dragon Mark’ will be released early in the autumn. If you would like more information in the interim then please contact your Regional Netball Development Officer https://walesnetball.com/community/regions/.